The VFX Festival Virtual Series will commence from May and will run until The VFX Festival next year, scheduled to take place in early February 2021 in London. The VFX Festival 2020 announces Upcoming virtual events due to coronavirus lockdown.
The VFX Festival hosted by Escape Studios, is a celebration of visual effects, animation, games and motion graphics. For the last 7 years, the annual festival hosted in London has attracted many attendees and high profile speakers from award-winning studios.
This year Escape Studio is giving free access to all virtual events hosted under The VFX Festival Virtual Series. Over the coming month’s students, graduates and professionals will have a chance to participate in talks on award-winning projects, receive encouragement and advice from experts in careers and recruitment panel discussions and have the opportunity to speak with representatives from studios, to discover more about their available roles, career pathways, and progression.
- Panel Discussion: We Have Lift-Off!: Your first steps to a career in VFX, Animation, and Games
- Launching the Sea Dragon – The relationship between FX and Compositing by Marcelo Sousa, FX TD & Tiago Faria, Senior/Lead Compositor at Union VFX
- Animating for Total War: Warhammer by Elliot Maren Lead Animator at Creative Assembly
- Panel discussion ‘2020: The next 10 years’
- From TV to Feature: The evolution and expectations of an Animated Feature by Manuel Reyes CG Supervisor at Jellyfish Pictures
- The bizarre, yet wonderful world of CG characters by Josh Parks, Senior Compositor at MPC Advertising