THE THIRD FLOOR is the world’s leading visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. The Third Floor is a fun, creative company founded by artists, for artists. We work on extremely high-profile projects, while maintaining a small studio feel. Recent examples of our work include Aquaman, BumbleBee, Mary Poppins Returns, Venom, and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
THE THIRD FLOOR, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced Previs Coordinator for project-based work. The Previs Coordinator is central to previs project management. They liaise with all aspects of production as well as help strategize and implement tasks and targets crucial to the delivery of the project on time and on budget.
- Key client contact on project for all daily correspondences, including working alongside the client VFX, Art Department and Editorial teams
- Organize dailies, Cinesync and Skype sessions, rounds and meetings, taking notes and following up on information as necessary
- Ensure Shotgun is kept current at all times with notes, shot status and critical information
- Work with Producer and Supervisors to track and manage the artists, meeting internal and external deadlines
- Crew actuals and bid man day management within schedule document and accurate approval of timecards
- Anticipate and communicate issues to producer and supervisor to resolve problems quickly
- Communicate information quickly and succinctly to crew and other departments in person, not just via email
- Keeping both internal and client contacts list up to date for all associated projects
- Oversee execution of client deliveries
- Compiling the project(s) weekly report with input from both Supervisor and APM
- Arranging wrap meetings and client gift lists
- Encourage and maintain a positive, upbeat and professional production office, be pro-active and solution-oriented for all members of the team, including welcoming new artists
- Assist Production with additional, ad hoc duties as required
- The role may require being off-site for periods of time
- Must have a VFX or Game Engine experience.
- Minimum 3 years Entertainment Industry experience at Production Coordinator
- In depth understanding of the production workflow
- In depth understanding of common file formats and resolutions
- Strong knowledge of MS Office packages (including Excel, Word and Project).
- Existing knowledge of production databases, including Filemaker Pro & Shotgun
- Specific knowledge of animation or vfx processes/pipelines is a plus
- Good knowledge of Maya and Photoshop a plus
- Basic Avid/editorial knowledge
- Lateral thinking skills
- Highly organized, excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent client communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks
- Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team towards a common goal
- Passion for film and/or games
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.