can you introduce yourself?
- I am Vinitha from Chennai, and I have completed my Masters in HR and Operations from SRM. I am working with BOT VFX as Senior HR Executive, handling Talent management, Acquisition, and Engagement.
What inspired you to step into the VFX/ Animation Industry?
- Like others, I was not aware of the VFX industry during my college days. One of my close friends had told me about this industry and that inspired me to go for an interview. In the beginning, I was surprised to see artists from India working in Hollywood movies and later understood that Indian artists contribute a lot to it.
challenges and experiences in your early years, and would you like to share some of your memories?
-In my early days as HR, I started with Recruitment and did have challenges in hiring people from different states( speaking Hindi posed as a challenge ) as I cannot speak fluently. However, I still managed to hire people. One good memory that I would like to share is attending Foundry Roadshow for the first time representing BOT which was a nice experience!
What’re your greatest achievements in the VFX/Animation Industry?
-Being in HR, you have to stay technically updated. Whether it is Roto, paint or MM it is important to know have knowledge so that there is an ease in interaction with the different VFX artists. In addition, I feel proud to have interviewed more than 500+ candidates because I have learned a lot from those interactions.
who is your inspiration Women in the VFX industry why?
- Women in BOT! There are many talented women artists.
what are the problem Women mostly facing in the VFX industry?
- Balancing work and family is a skill that all the working women need to learn. Once that’s managed, then there are no problems.
challenges for women in the VFX Industry?
- Working hours can be quite unpredictable. There might be a requirement to stay for deadlines but that is a rarity. Luckily, we make sure women artists leave on time.
Tell me more about BOT VFX. How do you get into that?
-BOT is one of the best outsourcing Vfx organizations with about 450+ employees. According to me, it’s the best environment for artists where work is not the only role to play. You get to teach, learn, and give time for your passion.
There was only one HR when I joined. After going through a big round of interviews, I was hired Now we are a big team!
How can one apply Job to your company?
-They can apply through www.botvfx.com/jobs
Or send a mail to email@example.com
Any advice for Women artists and production?
-All the men in the VFX industry should motivate and encourage more women to get into this field. It is a good career choice and a safe environment for creative women.
Prabu – Thank you Vinitha for this interview
Vinitha- Thank you for this opportunity