Rocket Science VFX is an internationally recognized studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Our credits include Hannibal, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, Into the Badlands and The Expanse.
We are currently searching for an experienced FX Artist to join our talented team!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create dynamics and simulation effects using rigid body, particle, fluid, pyro, cloth, fur and hair systems.
- Rendering FX elements or assisting in exporting to another renderer.
- Work within a collaborative team environment, contributing efficient design approaches for challenging FX shots.
- Regularly submit WIPs and take direction from CG and VFX Supervisors
Qualifications and Skills:
- At 3+ years experience in a live-action VFX Environment with a solid understanding of pipeline flow.
- Proficient with some or all of the following: Maya, Dynamics, Houdini FX, MEL scripting, Python, Nuke.
- Creative sensibilities with a strong understanding of real world physics.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
Rocket Science is an equal opportunity company which values diversity in the workplace. We would be happy to accommodate individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation in order to participate in our recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.